Tornado hot dog is a delicious and easy way to enjoy your hot dogs! This recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family! It is perfect for game day, a summer cookout, or anytime you’re in the mood for a delicious and easy snack! So next time you’re looking for something fun and different to do with hot dogs, give Tornado Hot Dogs a try! You won’t be disappointed!
You only need 3 ingredients: hot dogs, crescent rolls, and egg wash. And of course your favourite dip.
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Skewer hot dogs down the center with skewers and set aside.
- Cut crescent roll dough into 8 equal parts.
- Use a small knife to cut hot dog while you rotate, creating a spiral cut.
- Pull hot dog to spread out the spiral and make some space for the crescent roll.
- Roll out each piece of crescent roll dough and wind it through the hot dogs pressing into the spiral slice.
- Place hot dogs on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with beaten egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown and the crescent roll dough is cooked through.
Serve with your favourite dip, ketchup, mustard, or BBQ sauce.