Also called a clubhouse sandwich, is a sandwich usually consisting of bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and mayonnaise or other condiments, served between slices of toasted bread. It is often a double-decker sandwich made with three slices of bread. A club sandwich may also be open-faced, and there are many variations on the basic club sandwich recipe.
The club sandwich is a staple of American cuisine and can be found on the menus of many restaurants, both fast food and casual dining. It is also a popular choice for home cooks looking for an easy-to-make meal that can be served as a sandwich or cut into bite-sized pieces for appetizers.
The club sandwich is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your taste. Whether you prefer your sandwich with bacon or turkey, there’s a club sandwich for everyone.
Bacon club sandwich: This version of the club sandwich includes bacon as one of the main ingredients.
Turkey club sandwich: A turkey club sandwich is made with turkey instead of chicken or ham.
Vegetarian club sandwich: This sandwich can be made with any type of vegetarian protein, such as tofu, tempeh, or seitan.
There are also many variations of the classic club sandwich recipe. Some popular varieties include:
Egg club sandwich
Ham club sandwich
Tuna club sandwich
California club sandwich: A California-style club is typically made with avocado, bacon, and tomato.
BLT club sandwich: A classic BLT is typically made with bacon, lettuce, and tomato, but you can add some extra flavor by adding mayonnaise or another condiment of your choice.
Probably the most common is chicken club sandwich. You will need:
- 120 g of toasted bread
- 120 g chicken breast
- 60 g of bacon
- 1 egg
- 40 g of iceberg lettuce
- 20 g mayonnaise
- 40 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cl of oil
- Toast bread until golden in the toaster and set aside. Wash the salad and let it dry. Then cut it into larger (5 cm) pieces.
- Fry the chicken breast in hot oil and then cut it lengthwise into two thin slices. In the same oil, fry the bacon until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Fry an egg
- Cut the tomatoes into wheels.
- Make a sandwich. Smear mayonnaise on the lower floor of the bread and place chicken, salad, and bacon on it.. Cover with toast and spread it with mayonnaise again.
- Add salad, tomatoes and egg. cover with toast and pierce the two opposite tips with a toothpick. Cut diagonally.
You can pierce all 4 corners and cut into 4 pieces.
Whether you are a fan of the original club sandwich recipe or prefer to experiment with different toppings and fillings, the club sandwich is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is sure to please everyone.