Colombian hot dog, also known as Perro Caliente Colombiano, is a popular street food in Colombia. The combination of all these ingredients makes for an unforgettable flavor experience that will leave you wanting more! Not only does Colombian Hot Dog offer an incredible taste but it is also incredibly easy to make at home. All you need are the basic ingredients and a few minutes to craft this tasty dish. So if you’re looking for something new and exciting to try out then why not give Colombian Hot Dog a go? You won’t regret it!
- 4 hot dogs
- 2 soft rolls or French bread rolls split in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons ketchup or salsa golf (a Colombian condiment made with mayonnaise and ketchup)
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Grill the hot dogs for about 8 minutes, turning once during cooking, until evenly browned and heated through.
- Place the hot dogs in the rolls and top with mayonnaise, diced onion, ketchup or salsa golf, crushed potato chips and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!