One more hot dog from islands of Hawaii. This time with grilled pineapple and wasabi mayo. Served on a sweet Hawaiian bun.
Wasabi might be for someone an acquired taste, but for me, it’s love from first sight. I like to put wasabi on everything, so when I saw this recipe for Hawaiian Wasabi Hot Dog, I knew I had to try it.
The hot dog itself is pretty standard. It’s a grilled beef hot dog served on a sweet Hawaiian bun. But what makes this hot dog special is the toppings. Instead of your standard ketchup and mustard, this hot dog is topped with grilled pineapple and wasabi mayo.
The wasabi mayo gives the hot dog a nice kick, while the grilled pineapple adds a sweetness that balances out the heat from the wasabi. Overall, it’s a really delicious hot dog and a great way to enjoy the flavors of Hawaii.
So if you are looking for a hot dog with a little bit of a kick, then this is the one for you. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 of a pineapple
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, wasabi, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Cut pineapple into thin slices. Brush with oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill hot dogs and pineapple for about 5 minutes per side, or until evenly browned.
- Assemble hot dogs on buns with mayo, pineapple, onions, and cilantro. Serve immediately. Enjoy!