Are you looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy hot dogs? If so, then you need to try a kimchi hot dog! This Korean-inspired dish takes the classic American hot dog and gives it a flavorful twist.
The first step is to make your own kimchi, which is a fermented cabbage dish that is packed with flavor. If you don’t have time to make your own, you can usually find kimchi at your local Korean market. Kimchi is made by combining napa cabbage, daikon radish, scallions, ginger, garlic, and a variety of spices. The ingredients are then fermented in a jar or container for several days.
Once the kimchi is complete, simply spread it on top of a grilled hot dog. The result is a delicious and unique meal that is sure to please even the most discerning palate. And because kimchi is packed with nutrients, this hot dog is also a healthier option for those looking for a hearty meal.
So next time you’re in the mood for something different, give a kimchi hot dog a try. You won’t be disappointed, for those who like their hot dogs with a little kick, the kimchi hot dog is a delicious option.
Ingredients for kimchi:
- 1 cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 daikon radish
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cut the cabbage into 2-inch pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Peel and grate the carrots, then add to the cabbage.
- Peel and thinly slice the daikon radish, then add to the mix.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, gochugaru, fish sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar to the bowl and mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Pack the mixture into a clean Mason jar, pressing down firmly as you go.
- Fill a separate container with 1 inch of water and place it on top of the kimchi to weigh it down.
- Allow the kimchi to ferment at room temperature for 3-5 days, opening the lid daily to release any built-up pressure.
- Once it has reached your desired level of fermentation, transfer the kimchi to the fridge, where it will keep for several weeks.
Ingredients for Kimchi Hot Dogs:
- 8 beef or pork jumbo frankfurters
- 8 hot dog buns
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- shredded coriander
- black sesame seeds
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the hot dogs for 8-10 minutes, or until evenly cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sriracha.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the inside of each hot dog bun.
- Place the grilled hot dogs in the buns and top with kimchi, coriander, and black sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!