The Guinness hot dog is a delectable treat that is perfect for any beer lover. This unique dish pairs a juicy hot dog with a rich, creamy Guinness stout. The result is a savory and satisfying meal that is sure to please.
The key to making this dish is to cook the hot dogs in the Guinness until they are nice and plump. This will ensure that they are infused with the beer’s flavor and maintain their juiciness. Hot sauce will add a bit of spice, while caramelized onions add sweetness and depth of flavor and butter will help to bind everything together and give the hot dogs a nice sheen.
Once the hot dogs are cooked, simply pile them on a bun and top with your favorite toppings. Whether you like your hot dogs plain or loaded, the Guinness hot dog is sure to hit the spot. So next time you’re in the mood for a hearty meal, reach for a Guinness and give this dish a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Serve this on a toasted bun with plenty of napkins – it’s sure to be messy but oh so worth it!
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 6 oz of Guinness (or any other stout beer)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 of chopped onion
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tbsp of hot sauce
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic powder, and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add Guinness, butter and hot sauce, bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Add hot dogs and cook for 8 minutes
- Serve in hot dog buns, with your favorite toppings and enjoy!