Seattle Cream Chees Dog is a festive and tasty way to celebrate game day! The name itself conjures up images of the Emerald City – and if you’re a fan of Seattle sports teams, this is the perfect snack to show your support.
This hot dog starts with a grilled all-beef hot dog, which is then topped with cream cheese, caramelized onions and mustard. It’s the perfect blend of savoury and salty flavours.
The cream cheese spread gives the hot dog a delicious tangy flavour, while the onions and pickles add a touch of crunch. So good, no one will be able to resist! The cream cheese spread makes the hot dog bun extra soft and creamy, while the onion and mustard add a delicious zing. Be sure to top with diced jalapeno for an extra kick. Enjoy!
Seattle Cream Cheese Hot Dog
- 1 hot dog
- 1 hot dog bun
- 1/4 cup Seattle cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 small dill pickle spear, diced
- jalapeno for toppings (optional)
Slow cook sliced onions in a tablespoon of olive oil over low heat until they are soft and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
- Grill the hot dog and buns on both sides until golden browned.
- Cut the hotdog bun in half and spread each half with cream cheese.
- Place the hot dog in the centre of the bun, then top with caramelized onions, mustard, and pickles. If desired, add jalapeños for extra heat.