Avocado and mayonnaise is an unusual yet delicious addition to any hot dog. I’ve used both in this recipe, along with some other traditional hot dog toppings, such as chili and onions.
The Mexican guacamole hot dog is a delicious and easy to make dish that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Avocado and mayo give the hot dog a flavorful and spicy kick,while the chopped onions provide a fresh and crunchy contrast. If you’re looking for a delicious way to spice up your hot dog, then this is the recipe for you!
- 8 hot dogs, preferably all beef or veggie dogs (sausage dogs or bratwurst work well, too)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 avocado, chopped into large chunks and mashed with a fork or spoon in a large bowl (alternatively, you can use guacamole)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Grill the hot dogs for about five minutes, turning as needed until they are browned on both sides (I recommend flipping them over halfway through). This also works well with a George Foreman Griller, or even a pan on the stove. Drizzle each side of your hot dogs with a bit of olive oil and place them on the grill or in a pan to cook through.
- In a large bowl, mash together the avocado and mayonnaise until smooth and combined. Add the green onions, salt and pepper and stir until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Place your hot dogs on a toasted bun and top with your avocado-mayonnaise mixture (you might choose to put it on the bun first) then add chili or red pepper flakes if you like, or diced onions for a different presentation.