The Polish Boy is a regional specialty of Cleveland, Ohio. This delicious concoction is a savoury mix of sausage, bacon, and pierogi, all stuffed inside a kielbasa and grilled to perfection. It is then topped with barbecue sauce, coleslaw, and served with French fries. If you’re in the Cleveland area, be sure to check out this local favourite. The Polish Boy has been called “Cleveland’s most famous food.”
If you’re visiting Cleveland and want to try a Polish Boy, there are several places where you can find them. Some of the best include Polski Boys, Sokolowski’s University Inn, and Angelo’s Pizza. If you’re not in the Cleveland area, you can also find Polish Boys at some larger Midwestern cities like Detroit and Chicago. So if you’re looking for a unique and tasty hot dog experience, be sure to try a Cleveland Polish Boy!
Or make your own. The recipe is pretty simple. Just wrap a hot dog in kielbasa, coat in barbecue sauce, and serve on a bun. Enjoy!
Cleveland Polish Boy Hot Dog
- 1 kielbasa sausage, cut into 4-6 inch pieces
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup coleslaw
- French fries
- 4 hot dog buns
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Wrap each kielbasa piece around a hot dog, securing with a toothpick if necessary.
- Grill for10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kielbasa is browned and the hot dogs are cooked through.
- Remove from grill and coat in barbecue sauce.
- Serve on buns. You may top the hot dog with French fries or eat them aside. Enjoy!