Greek food is well known for its healthy and delicious ingredients, and even hot dog is no different. It is still a junk food but it is a healthier option compared to other fast food items. The hot dog can made with chicken or turkey meat, and it is served with a variety of healthy toppings, such as tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and olives. It is also often served with a dollop of yogurt on top.
The perfect summertime meal, a Greek-style hot dog is packed with flavor and nutrients. The combination of Greek yogurt, mayo, cucumber, lemon zest, and lettuce creates a delicious and refreshing taste that is perfect for a hot day. The yogurt provides a creamy base, while the mayo adds a touch of richness. The cucumber and lemon zest add a bright flavor to the mix, and the lettuce provides a crunchy texture. In addition to being delicious, this meal is also nutritious. The Greek yogurt is packed with protein and calcium, while the cucumber and lemon zest are rich in vitamins C and A. The mayo provides healthy fats, and the lettuce is a good source of fiber.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a complete meal, a Greek-style hot dog is sure to hit the spot.
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- sliced red onion
- shredded Romaine lettuce
- diced tomato
- diced cucumber
For Yogurt mix:
- 7 oz Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of grated cucumber
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp of chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp of lemon zest
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill hot dogs for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the yogurt mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, place hot dogs in buns and top with onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and yogurt mix.
- Serve immediately.